The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved a State Trust Fund Loan totaling $250,000 to the town of Genoa to purchase a fire truck.
The Board approved loans totaling nearly $3.1 million at today’s meeting. They include:
· Clark County / Finance 2014 capital budget items / $750,000
· City of Eagle River, Vilas County / Remodel police department / $100,000
· Town of Genoa, Vernon County / Purchase fire truck / $250,000
· School District of Luck, Polk County / Refinance pension liability loan / $380,000
· City of New Holstein, Calumet County / Construct fire department training tower / $85,000
· City of Osseo, Trempealeau County / Finance well house #2 project / $400,000
· Pepin County / Remodel government center and purchase equipment / $248,514
· School District of Poynette, Columbia County / Refinance pension liability loan / $847,000
· Town of Springdale, Dane County / Finance road maintenance / $33,817
With income generated by State Trust Fund Loans, and not a single taxpayer dollar, the BCPL provides all of the state’s financial aid to public elementary, middle and high school libraries; $30.1 million in 2013, alone. A complete list of the 2013 library aid distribution by school district will be found here: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=24671&locid=145).
State Trust Fund Loan monies come from the principal of the state’s Common School Fund enhanced by revenue generated by fees, fines, forfeitures, unclaimed property and timber sales.
Established by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State, Doug La Follette; Attorney General, J.B. Van Hollen; and State Treasurer, Kurt Schuller.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.
Category: Local News